Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Activities For Children


I was web surfing again, looking for some activities for the kids to do, when I came across the Crayola site. I wandered around for a little while, then I happened upon this activity, called the "African Trading Beads"

African Trading Beads used to be traded for goods way back when...they weren't necessarily from Africa, because I know native americans had a barter system similar to this as well.

Anyways, kids can make these beads out of paper, and then string them together to make necklaces and bracelets!

All they have to do is cut out long skinny triangles out of paper, use a toothpick to wrap them around tightly, then glue the end. Once the glue dries, take the toothpick out and string together with string or thread.

Here is the link to the activity: African Trading Beads

I wouldn't suggest this activity for children under 3, since there can be small parts that can be swallowed.

0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment